Conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments – SOLD OUT!
July 11 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
SOLD OUT – MORE DATES TO FOLLOW!
Lunch & Learn
– Course Overview
Data Protection Impact Assessments can be used to identify and mitigate against any data protection related risks arising from a new project, which may affect your organisation or the individuals it engages with.
DPIAs are recommended by data protection regulators, and they are a must in some processing. This CPD accredited workshop gives practical guidance on conducting DPIAs in accordance with both General Data Protection Regulation and local legislative requirements.
Delivered by an experienced privacy consultant, this workshop will enable you to conduct DPIAs in your workplace.
Topics Covered include:
- What is a Data Protection Impact Assessment and when should one be carried out
- What are the benefits of conducting a DPIA
- Is a DPIA mandatory for existing processing operations prior to GDPR effective on the 25th May 2018 (1st August in IOM)
- When in a project lifecycle should a DPIA be conducted
- Who should be involved in conducting the DPIA
- Stages of a DPIA and what to do in practice: initial assessment, preparation, information flows, consultation with stakeholders, analysis, documentation
- Key elements of a successful DPIA
- Signing off and recording the DPIA outcomes
- Integrating the DPIA outcomes back into the project plan
- When to consult the Information Commissioner
- DPIA publication
Key Learning Objectives for this course are
- How to develop a DPIA;
- How to implement a DPIA project; and
- How to monitor the results and take action where required.
Who is this course intended for?
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Data Protection Officers
- Operations Directors
- IT Directors
- Project Managers
We can also come to your offices and deliver our courses, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Conducting data protection impact assessments – 11 Jul 2023
"*" indicates required fields
NB. Once your reservation has been made we will arrange an invoice to be raised and sent to you. All training courses must be paid for within 7 days of the course start date, failure to do so may result in your place being offered to another candidate.