Data Subject Access Requests “DSAR” – Right or Wrong?
June 27 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Lunch & Learn
– Course Overview
The elimination of the cost barrier, the removal of the need for a request to be in writing and the need to respond within one month, has made handling Data Subject Access Requests “DSARs” efficiently one of the biggest challenge for Data Controllers.
Some of the challenges you will learn about:
- Preparing your organisation on how to recognise a legitimate Data Subject Access Request “DSAR”
- What to consider before responding and when to stop the clock for clarification
- When to refuse a request and what is a manifestly excessive
- Setting parameters for the search “What is an individual entitled to?”
- Establishing whether the retrieved information is personal data and what information should be included in a response
- Dealing with third party information and applying the relevant exemptions
- When a fee can be charged
- When to redact data
- Addressing 3rd party requests
Key Learning Objectives for this course are
- To improve your management of Data Subject Assess Requests “DSAR” and to understand how to lawfully redact data that you wish to withhold.
- To provide general guidance and advice in relation to confidentiality and Data Protection legislation
- To provide practical advice on addressing this key right for individuals
We can also come to your offices and deliver our courses, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Data Subject Access Requests “DSAR” – 27 June 2023
"*" indicates required fields
NB. Once your reservation has been made we will arrange an invoice to be raised and sent to you. All training courses must be paid for within 7 days of the course start date, failure to do so may result in your place being offered to another candidate.