Understanding GDPR requirements – In plain English!
July 4 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Lunch & Learn
– Course Overview
Never before in history has processing personal data been so pivotal in day-to-day business.
It is not important how big or small your organisation is, how many people you employ or do business with. Every business processes personal information, and you must do so in a way that doesn’t impact rights and freedom of any data subject. This is what data protection is all about. GDPR is the detailed legislation with which all businesses and government organisations must comply with.
It is therefore very important that your employees know what the fundamental requirements of GDPR are, as they are the people who are handling the personal data of your clients, your suppliers and your staff!
This course is designed to help you comply with the regulation requirements by providing you with the understanding all the GDPR principles via some real-life scenarios, how those are relevant to your business and in our daily life.
This course is fully up to date with the current requirements of both the GDPR as it applies in the Island as well as Isle of Man Data Protection Law and includes the ICO’s latest guidance and examples delivered by highly experienced subject specialist.
This CPD workshop is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for maintaining GDPR-compliant processes and is designed for both beginners and the intermediate.
Some of the challenges you will learn about include:
- Have a clear understanding of the 7 Principles of the GDPR and how they apply to the work your organisation does
- What makes processing lawful
- What is a ROPA
- Understand the difference between a Data Controller, Data Processor, and Data Subject
- What is a Data Protection Impact Assessment and when should one be carried out
- What are the individuals rights under GDPR
- Preparing your organisation on how to recognise a legitimate DSAR request
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- Understand the main requirements of GDPR Principles
- To provide general guidance and advice in relation to confidentiality and Data Protection
- How to set up a compliant Data Protection framework
- To provide practical advice on addressing “Data Subjects rights”
We can also come to your offices and deliver our courses, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Understanding GDPR requirements in plain English – 4 July 2023
"*" indicates required fields
NB. Once your reservation has been made we will arrange an invoice to be raised and sent to you. All training courses must be paid for within 7 days of the course start date, failure to do so may result in your place being offered to another candidate.